Monday, July 6, 2026

Memorial Day Weekend

 I look forward to Memorial Day weekend so much. It marks the end of the school year, the beginning of summer, working on a project at the cabin, and spending time with my family. We have so much fun! This year was a little different. We drove two hour up to the cabin, but about 30 minutes into our drive we had some unruly children in the car who did not want to listen or behave themselves. It was the car ride from hell. It was a miserable two hours with several stops to get kids to listen, but it was all in vain, so I made the decision to drop the two older kids and Stephen off at the cabin, and I turned around and drove two hours back home with the two younger kids. We did not get to spend as much time with our family as we would've liked. The kids were crying the whole way home and begging to stay and turn around. It was really hard for me to have to make that decision because I didn't want to miss out, but I knew I needed to do this. We spent the next day talking about our behavior and how we should act in the car. They did chores all day long and we stayed home. No fun was had, haha. Sunday morning I decided we could drive back to have a little bit of fun for one night with our cousins. The drive back up and back home were much better. 

Congrats to Quentin and Aubrey for graduating! Both are going on missions. Quentin is going to Atlanta, Georgia and Aubrey is still working on getting her calling. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment