I have always wanted to go to the south to see a field of fireflies. It's on my bucket list. But then I recently found out that we have fireflies right here in Utah! I couldn't believe it. I bought tickets to do a guided tour of the nature preserve at the park in Nibley, Utah and then decided to make it a mini vacation. So I took the kids with me and we spent the day in Logan at their little local zoo called Zootah, we went out for ice cream, and spent the rest of the afternoon swimming in the hotel pool. I didn't get pictures because I was actually in the water swimming with them taking it all in making memories. After the pool we went to Costco to pick up a cheap dinner and then headed out to the park to see the fireflies.
The fireflies don't come out until its pitch dark, so after 10:00 pm. Some of my kids did not come prepared like I told them to for cold weather and it was unseasonably cold that week. I was kinda afraid we wouldn't even see any fireflies because it was so cold. They struggled because of the cold and we stayed outside for over an hour until they couldn't stand it any longer. We were only there for 15 minutes after the first fireflies started coming out. I was somewhat disappointed, but I also didn't want the kids to freeze to death, so I took them back to the hotel to sleep. Overall it was a really fun vacation! I loved every minute of it. The kids did great in the car and got along really well the whole time which made it that much more pleasant.
No comments:
Post a Comment